Unitized Order Management delivers transaction life-cycle management for unlisted funds and alternative investments, for organisations who distribute fund products, or who manage order placement on behalf of their clients.
Originators of fund orders in unlisted funds are able to enter individual fund orders or perform bulk order import with access to real time process status, alerts and reporting using either the pControl application or via a web browser. Unitized Order Management is designed for organisations who distribute fund products or service providers who manage order placement on behalf of their clients.
Unitized Order Management maintains comprehensive static data for assets, transfer agencies, depositories, clients, accounts and settlement instructions; with validations to ensure effective in-process checks to minimize transaction errors. All order placement, confirmation and notifications can be automated using ISO message based protocols or fax integration.
Integration with Multi-Asset Solution Profiles
When deploying a pControl Multi-Asset Solution Profile, then the full capabilities of Order Management are integrated with Discretionary Portfolio Management, Cash Allocation & Rebalancing, Cash Forecasting as well as with back office Fund Accounting features.
Unitized Order Management automates all stages of stand-alone transaction processing for unlisted fund transactions, and delivers a repeatable operating model end-state and eliminates the need for firms to undertake a process re-engineering exercise to increase efficiency in the following activities:
- Loading of client or distributor orders
- Data validations of order details
- Business rule and pre-trade placement validations
- Order placement
- Order acknowledgment and confirmation
- Cash settlement
- Automated subscription, redemption, transfer, and switch processing; with integrated connectivity to registries, transfer agencies and fund distribution platforms.
- Includes Cash Settlement Instructions for payment and receipt transactions or transfer instructions to client segregated mandate portfolios or separately managed accounts (SMAs).
- Multiple-operating centre and time-zone support manages out-of-timezone confirmations and settlements.
- Transaction support for unitized corporate actions and dividend re-investments.
- Transaction support for alternative investments including equalization crystallization and unit series roll-ups.
- Allows for client requests for order amendment, order cancellations including placement request and acknowledgement.
- Allows for transfer agency reconfirmation and confirmation cancellation.
As a complete solution, Unitized Order Management supports all facets of unlisted fund transactions covering mutual funds, hedge funds, fund of funds, fund of hedge funds and private equity.
See Asset Coverage to find out more.
Message Routing & Integration
- Message generation of Instruction or Notification message types.
- Automatic routing of standard messages including SWIFT (ISO 20022, ISO 15022), FIX and EMX formats.
- Supports manual processing where automation via industry standard messaging is not supported by the counterparty.
- Automated routing of inbound faxes based on sending or receiving number identification allowing easy identification and electronic attachment to specific transactions.
- Support for proprietary message formats such as XML, CSV and automated facsimile processing can be configured based upon client and counterparty requirements.
- Granular user security ensures functional and data segregation for user roles and responsibilities.
- Dual key or 4-eyes authorization at field level over transactions and static data.
Integration & Extensibility
- Uploads, merges and validates data from multiple sources, including accounting systems, registry and transfer agencies, and external data providers, through pControl's native Data Manager.
- Market Data Validations provides security price and FX rate validation to ensure that transactions entry is within tolerance.
- Integrates with Reconciliations to manage holdings, transaction and cash reconciliations, and (optionally) extends to Case Management for independent end-to-end life-cycle management of cases associated to one or many reconciliation items.
Service Level Aware
All pControl solutions are Service Level Aware and can internally monitor and escalate late running events such as late data arrival, and late override / approvals and final release within operational cut-offs and processing calendars.
Investment operations teams can monitor Service Level compliance through the Attention Status Monitor dashboard to provide real-time exception monitoring and aging for any activity with critical completion or Service Level Agreement deadlines
Income Control is stakeholder and auditor friendly through a full audit trail of all transaction activities while delivering rich client SLA reporting.