Data Manager provides an integrated data movement, transformation and validation engine to integrate external data sources with client implemented or hosted environments, and providing connectivity to counterparties, trading networks, and third-party service providers.
Data Manager concurrently handles multiple data feeds in multiple formats, facilitating upstream and downstream systems integration as part of a single end-to-end process. Data Manager receives, integrity checks and drives data to the pControl processes requiring it, while escalating any late or invalid data through dashboards and email notifications.
- Eliminates input and output errors via direct uploads
- Supports wide range of transports and data formats
- Standard field validations include text, date, look-up and numeric value checks
- Format translation and transformation allows custom client formats to be integrated
- File System. The ability to recognize when a file is in a file system directory and import the data contained within the file
- FTP/SFTP. The ability to push and pull via an FTP/SFTP service
- SQL Database. The ability to read and write data to and from external database tables, or call remote database stored procedures
- Message Queue (JMS). The ability to read (event driven) or write a message on a specific subject or queue
- e-Mail Send*. Sending an e-Mail to a recipient list / cc / bcc list with or without attachments
- e-Mail Read*. Reading an e-Mail based on criteria, unload and processing of attachments as a file
- Web Service. The ability to read from or write data to an external Web Service
* IMAP, SMTP & POP3 mail servers are supported.
Data Formats Supported
- Delimited files, of any type of delimiter, including comma (CSV), pipe and tab delimited
- Fixed width
- SWIFT 15022
- SWIFT 20022
- FIX (4)
For XML based formats, the data structure is read within the file and record processing is based upon the XML schema.
Exports and Report Writing
- User configurable creation of flat files from export tables
- Ability for columns to export from a nominated export table and also (via a query definition) which rows to export as well as the format of the resulting file
- Generated outputs can be pushed to an external Data Warehouse or be reported via the in-built report writing engine
- In-built report writing engine can be used to produce formatted reports based on the data stored in pControl’s export tables
- The finished reports can be automatically FTP’d or e-Mailed as needed
Service Level Aware
Data Manager plays a critical role in ensuring pControl solutions are Service Level Aware through internal monitoring and escalation of late running events such as late data arrival, and late override / approvals and final release within operational cut-offs and processing calendars.
Operations teams can monitor Service Level compliance through the following dashboards:
- Production Summary dashboard to deliver progress monitoring of all daily NAV calculations and NAV production activities for each processing date
- Attention Status Monitor dashboard to provide real-time exception monitoring and aging for any activity with critical completion or Service Level Agreement deadlines