Market Data Validations automates the daily capture, validation and storage of external market data used for verification and tolerance checking, as well as automating the calculation of composite benchmarks to support overall fund movement validations.
Standard input processes load market data including security prices, market indices and FX rates from a variety of data sources. A comprehensive set of standard template checks ensure that market data is validated prior to being made available for other solutions such as NAV Oversight, NAV Unit / Pricing or NAV Control, or in support of features such as Asset Level Validations or Fund Analytics.
Standard Validations Library
- Standard validation library includes checks for total, sector and security level indices, FX rates and security prices including:
- Zero value and zero movement checks
- Stale value detection checks
- Movement tolerance checks
- Security to index movement comparison checks.
- Supports market data validations at multiple valuation points.
- Validations framework allows client specific checks to be configured.
- Calculation of daily composite benchmark returns using either static benchmark weights, interest rates or economic data, or underlying fund returns.
- Ability to generate historic composite benchmark returns via a market data take-on initialisation process.
Multiple Data Sources
- Uploads, merges and validates data from external data providers, through pControl's native Data Manager
- Support for primary and secondary sources with validation to compare primary to secondary.
- Elimination of errors through direct upload, aggregation and validation of data from multiple data sources.
Service Level Aware
All pControl solutions are Service Level Aware and can internally monitor and escalate late running events such as late data arrival, and late override / approvals and final release within operational cut-offs and processing calendars.
Operations teams can monitor Service Level compliance through the following dashboards:
- Production Summary dashboard to deliver progress monitoring of all daily validation activities for each processing date.
- Attention Status Monitor dashboard to provide real-time exception monitoring and aging for any activity with critical completion or Service Level Agreement deadlines.
Market Data Validations is stakeholder and auditor friendly through a full audit trail of all validation activity.