Using Milestone Group’s proprietary NAV Protect methodology, an Expected NAV is calculated and compared with the service provider's Actual NAV.
The calculation of an Expected NAV, based on previous valuation point positions, market data and transactions provides an independent and reliable reference for comparison to the Actual NAV.
This allows the daily Actual NAV to be verified in real time, ensuring rapid identification of exceptions and discrepancies, for immediate action.
Integrated capability for Backup NAV
In the event of a service provider outage the Expected NAV serves as a Backup NAV that can be released in place of the Actual NAV. This meets market demand for a solution that mitigates reputational, fiscal, and regulatory risk, with the required efficiency and independence to protect firms from the full range of service provider outage scenarios.
Click here to read more about Backup NAV.
Operational benefits unique to NAV Oversight
- True and independent verification of NAV accuracy through the application of an Expected NAV for comparison to the Actual NAV and is equally applicable to outsourced portfolios and non-unitized asset pools.
- Industry standard NAV validations and data controls over the outsourced service providers Actual NAV results to demonstrate best practice that is repeatable and audit-able for regulators and stakeholders alike.
- Fully integrated Backup NAV capability. Click here to read more.
- Straight-through processing eliminates time consuming manual activities, particularly where authorizations are required to meet operational deadlines.
- Reduced technology and business operational staffing requirements through fully hosted technology using secure environments, with managed operational service to monitor business processing and data arrival.
- Integrates with market data services to deliver security prices, benchmarks, exchange rates and corporate actions.