Asset Level Validations automates the daily validation of portfolio holdings, valuations, transactions and cash movements, ensuring that all portfolio direct asset positions are accurately validated prior to NAV release.
A standard validations library allows checks to be enabled for total portfolio, asset holdings, transaction, cash account and ledger balances. Clients maintain tolerances for each validation tailored to specific fund or market circumstances. Asset Level Validations also provides a highly configurable framework allowing new checks to be added quickly and easily.
Consolidated Fund Validations
- Stale price impacts.
- Zero cost, value, holding or market prices.
- Market value, capital value, accrued interest, cost and unrealized gain/loss.
- Consistency of opening, closing and transacted units.
- Stale prices.
- Security return to benchmark.
- Over / under contribution impact.
- Transaction profit and loss impacts.
- Accrued interest impacts.
- Dividend and interest impacts.
- Transaction cancellations.
Corporate Actions Validations
- Subscription rights and spin-offs.
- Splits and bonuses.
- Exchange of securities for securities.
Tolerance and Validations Framework
- Provides complete transparency of validation results via user interface drill-through from:
- Summary dashboards
- Total fund validations
- Holdings validations
- Transaction validations
- Validation tolerances may be configured at client portfolio, portfolio group or global levels.
- Highly configurable framework allowing new checks to be added quickly and easily.
Integration and Extensibility
- Uploads, merges and validates data from multiple sources, including accounting and position keeping systems, registry and transfer agencies, through pControl's native Data Manager.
- Eliminates input and output errors through direct upload, aggregation and validation of data from multiple data sources.
- Native integration with NAV Oversight, NAV Control or (optionally) NAV / Unit Pricing.
Service Level Aware
All pControl solutions are Service Level Aware and can internally monitor and escalate late running events such as late data arrival, and late override / approvals and final release within operational cut-offs and processing calendars.
Fund Accounting teams can monitor Service Level compliance through the following dashboards:
- Production Summary dashboard to deliver progress monitoring of all daily validation activities for each processing date.
- Attention Status Monitor dashboard to provide real-time exception monitoring and aging for any activity with critical completion or Service Level Agreement deadlines.
Asset Level Validations is stakeholder and auditor friendly through a full audit trail of all NAV production activity, and delivers rich client and SLA reporting.