The calculation of an Expected NAV, based on previous valuation point positions, market data and transactions provides an independent and reliable reference for comparison to the Actual NAV.
This allows the daily Actual NAV to be verified in real time, ensuring rapid identification of exceptions and discrepancies, for immediate action.
Expected Price Calculations
- Calculates Expected NAV, Expected GAV and Expected Price.
- Expected NAV is based on previous valuation point positions, market prices, constituent benchmarks and transactions.
- Expected NAV to Actual NAV comparison and daily movement analysis identifies valuation exceptions for escalation.
- Class price comparison checks to validate the share class movements against the clean return of the master class that tracks the underlying pool.
- Manages multiple tolerance settings across hierarchies of clients, products, sectors and portfolios.
Expected Price Fee Calculations
- Flat – apportionment of amount
- Percentage – of fee basis (e.g. Previous GAV)
- Sliding scale absolute
- Sliding scale cumulative
- Above fees associated with an investment (e.g. sector)
- Performance fees
- Adjustments for sales tax and rebates associated with fees
- Oversight Comparison Analysis provides hierarchical comparison breakdown between Actual NAV and Expected NAV components, with tolerance checking.
- Market Data Validations for validation of security prices, market indices and FX rates.
- Generation of daily re-weighted dynamic benchmarks using actual fund asset weights for best possible comparison.
- Ability to manage multiple tolerance settings across hierarchies of clients, products, sectors and portfolios.
- Where direct asset valuations and transactions are required to be imported from external accounting systems or Third Party Administrators, then Asset Level Validations may be deployed:
- NAV Movement Analysis (Current v Prior)
- Capital Flow, Share Class & Unit Series
- Fund / Portfolio Level
- Holding & Transaction Level
- Accounting & Tax
- Data Load, Process & Market Data