pControl™ Backup NAV protects your business by reliably calculating an independent contingent NAV in the event of service provider outage upholding your fiduciary duty. pControl™ Backup NAV is built on the same platform as pControl™ Oversight and works in conjunction with oversight functions to calculate the Backup NAV.
The Backup NAV is generated by enriching and validating the Expected NAV which is calculated in the daily oversight process or can be generated separately if oversight is not required. This daily Backup NAV is created using a sophisticated calculation framework and pControl’s proprietary NAV Protect™ methodology which calculates expected returns for NAV constituents based on the last known valuation and application of independent data.
In a contingency situation, all the validations and tolerance levels you would expect your third-party service provider to perform, can be run on the Backup NAV providing added assurance.
Operational benefits unique to Backup NAV
- Producing a highly accurate NAV ready to publish without the overhead of shadow accounting
- Supporting single or multi-day outages by utilizing the proprietary NAV Protect™ logic
- Providing the necessary interfaces to distribution channels to support trading during an outage of the primary NAV source
- Running, daily, in the background pControl™ Backup NAV is ready when needed with no need for a ‘cold start’
- Paving the way for future-proofing your business against further regulation and compliance issues relating to a contingent NAV
- Adding a robustness to your business operations strategy desired by boards, regulators and investors
- Controlling cost through pControl’s light operational footprint and simple integrations allow for a robust operating model without resourcing overheads
- Significantly reducing continuity risks surrounding the delegation of the production of NAVs, and NAV prices, to a third-party