Milestone Group's proprietary NAV Protect methodology supports the calculation of an Expected NAV over a multi-day outage period using the last known good valuation, delivering a contingent Backup NAV to be used for valuation and trading purposes by transfer agencies and distributors. .
NAV Protect methodology is designed for:
- Accurate calculation over multiple outage days
- No reliance on shadow accounting processes
- Simple reconciliation to Actual NAV upon service provider becoming available.
Operational benefits unique to Backup NAV
- Designed to eliminate the effort and cost associated with duplicate ‘books and records’ or shadow accounting strategies.
- Upon service provider outage, no ‘cold start’ delay or effort impact of fail-over to Backup NAV release.
- Designed to be maintained and invoked within an existing oversight teams’ capacity.
- Alternate source data paths to eliminate critical dependencies upon the outsourced Fund Accounting providers operations during outage periods.
- Straight-through processing eliminates time consuming manual activities, particularly where authorisations are required to meet operational deadlines.
- Reduced technology and business operational staffing requirements through fully hosted technology using secure environments, with managed operational service to monitor business processing and data arrival.
- Integrates with market data services to deliver security prices, benchmarks, exchange rates and corporate actions.