For portfolio managers responsible for managing asset allocations, the Portfolio Management Dashboard provides a complete view of a client's investment plans or accounts, or a pension fund's asset allocation model, allowing the portfolio manager to manage the asset allocations and rebalancing on a full or partial discretionary basis.
Capabilities for Discretionary Portfolio Managers
For asset manager organizations who are managing client investments under a delegated authority, the Portfolio Management Dashboard provides an at-a-glance view of:
- Client plans or accounts that are out of target, outside of tolerance and within target.
- Asset allocations where classification of asset classes, sub-asset classes and investment categories can be defined.
- Proposed orders that pControl has calculated to bring the plan back to policy targets.
This delivers efficiency in maintaining compliance to Investor Policy Statement (IPS) or Investment Management Agreement (IMA).
Capabilities for Algorithmic Portfolio Managers
For asset owner organizations and pension funds who undertake in-house asset allocation modelling and execution, the Portfolio Management Dashboard allows the portfolio manager to manage the overall target allocation model both to strategic policy targets (SAA) and within tactical asset allocation ranges (TAA) .
- Choose to authorize the propose allocations and orders that pControl has pre-calculated to bring the plan back to target
- Choose to model alternative propose allocations and orders at their discretion
- View all liquidity terms for individual investments
- Override investment allocations by entering new proposed weights or new proposed allocations
Once proposed orders are approved, these become actual orders and their life-cycle of placement, confirmation and settlement is managed via Order Management. Similarly, the system manages the instruction and notification of Cash Settlement Instructions for segregated mandate portfolios or separately managed accounts (SMAs).
Where portfolio managers wish to model new investment allocations, the Portfolio Management Dashboard applies compliance rules to the modeled allocations and investment transactions. Once compliance checks have passed, portfolio managers can only then approve these newly modeled orders.
All compliance notifications are visible on the Portfolio Management Dashboard across any Investment Structure view.
Dealing & Liquidity Terms
The Portfolio Management Dashboard provides users visibility of all dealing and liquidity terms necessary to manage unlisted fund transactions covering mutual funds, hedge funds, fund of funds, fund of hedge funds and private equity.
See Asset Coverage to find out more.
Service Level Aware
All pControl solutions are Service Level Aware and can internally monitor and escalate late running events such as late data arrival, and late override / approvals and final release within operational cut-offs and processing calendars.
Investment operations teams can monitor Service Level compliance through the the Portfolio Management Dashboard to provide real-time exception monitoring for any activity with critical completion within the investment mandate.