Account Views delivers reporting for any financial account within the Fund Ledger, and provides fund accountants with a library of standard accounting and tax views, or the ability to create customized views to meet specific client reporting needs.
Account Views are hierarchical and report on the opening balance, movement or closing balance of any account or account group that has been updated from within pControl, or from externally imported values. Advanced navigation features allow for ‘one-touch’ drill through from a line item to individual accounts, specific transactions or workpapers supporting the value for online queries and audit trail purposes.
Standard Account Views
- Reporting of pControl's Fund Ledger values providing standard output for Income Distributions and Tax Expense, or Gain / Loss Management.
- Standard Account Views include:
- Trial Balance
- Statement of Financial Position (Balance Sheet)
- Profit and Loss Statement
- Statement of Cashflow and related Cash Flow Reconciliation
- Gain / Loss Summary
- Distribution Calculation Summary Workpapers
- Tax Return Summary Workpapers
- Accounting Income to Taxable Income Reconciliation
- Income Distribution Statements
- Capital Inflows and Outflows.
- Account views are drillable from total or consolidated level (e.g. Trial Balance) through to sub-total level, underlying accounts, sub-accounts, individual transactions and supporting work papers.
- Account views are context sensitive to a selected investment entity or can report across an investment structure on a consolidated or de-consolidated basis.
- Account views are context sensitive to any date range based on effective date, accounting date, tax date or cash settled date allowing for a single report to support different requirements of operations, accounting, tax reporting and cash management functions.
- Delivers reporting for any selected date range, including straddling Accounting and Tax Year End close dates.
Flexibility for Fund Accountants
- Account View customization is designed for Fund Accountants
- Drag-and-drop Account View construction allows:
- Accounts to be allocated to an Account View item at account, account group, account sub-group or tax category based on chart-of-accounts to ensure correct allocation
- Account sub-grouping to be easily arranged in a report structure
- Report structure to include other Account View reports
- Account View templates can be customized for:
- Comparative values and differences
- Display fonts and emphasis
- Rounding basis
- Signs and credit / debit indicators
- Account View definitions are subject to validations to ensure that accounts are correctly allocated.
- Note fields allow output to be used for statutory account reporting.
- Ability to export Account View content to printable file formats including Word, CSV, PDF, HTML and XML.