Investment Deltas is functionality which is built upon the foundations of pControl's Cash Allocation and Rebalancing and Classification Structures to enable a portfolio or product manager to ‘put on’ adjustments (such as a ‘tilt’) on strategic target weights to reallocate values across the Classification Structure.
This capability is aimed at helping financial services organisations who deliver fund solutions or investment management services to seamlessly manage Delta Adjusted Targets.
Benefits of Investment Deltas
- Facilitates the implementation of strategic and tactical investment target changes over time through the provision of a periodic tilt (a change to the target weight) resulting in a Delta Adjusted Target
- Automates in a controlled, reviewed, and audited environment - the investment management team’s periodic adjustments to targets weights - for the use in Cash Allocation and Rebalancing processing
- Controls and mitigates operational risk in the implementation of investment decisions by having the data, calculation and reviewing processes within pControl.
Allowing for asset class tolerance and bounds checks on the delta adjusted targets prior to implementation and for the use of monitoring of discretionary portfolios via Classification Structures
- Pre-trade compliance checks on tactical target changes
- At-a-glance RAG notifications to identify compliance status (at a summary and detailed level)
- A source of truth for benchmark data in the investment process
- Manual entry or data load functionality
- Ability to log and retrieve details of reasons for target change
- Built in library of validations
- Rebalancing using specific delta adjustments
- Permanent and complete set of auditable records of all tactical changes